When is a More Powerful Software System a Necessity?
Specialized business software is the cornerstone of strategic growth and competitive positioning, and there are many options for service companies to choose from. HVAC business managers need to know when out-dated software is doing more harm than good, and should actively research a new system when:
- Basic accounting and scheduling software can no longer effectively manage increases in workflow, inventory, data, or a market/location expansion.
- Incompatibility issues between components create communication gaps and data inaccuracies that undermine profit margins and customer service.
- The current ERP or legacy software provider fails to keep up with programming development and advancements in communication technology, causing overall dissatisfaction with system functionality and efficiency.
Select software that will meet your current needs and your future goals.
Scalability provides the flexibility to expand your services and is one of the most important factors in choosing a technology framework. Comprehensive business management software that can scale to any size business is a best-fit solution for companies with long term growth strategies. This is especially true for established, mid to large HVAC service companies, specialty contractors, or national maintenance organizations.
With increased accuracy, profitability, and customer satisfaction, one system can deliver a maximum return on investment to support your goals, with unlimited capacity to deliver performance efficiency throughout the lifetime of your company. So what components and features should you look for?
- A Comprehensive Accounting Suite
- Robust Service Dispatch/WO Management
- Fully-Integrated Construction Capabilities
- Advanced Mobile Solutions
- Customizable Web Portals
- Self-Service Customer Portals – FMAnywhere
- Subcontractor Management Portals – SubAnywhere
- Real-Time Communications, Document, and Inventory Management
- System-Wide Automation
- Integrated Business Analytics/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Integrated CRM
Consult with service industry experts.
Configurable, industry specific software provides the best return on your investment. Specialty HVAC software providers will understand the intricacies of how your business operates from the field to the back office, and what you need to best improve operational efficiency. Experience working with HVAC contractors and helping service providers transition to new management technologies is important to the overall success of your software implementation. A specialty software provider will be able to offer concrete advice on the available options best suited to your current operating environment as well as your vision of the future.